I pledge my commitment to the highest principles of the esthetic profession, Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP) Code of Ethics as follows below:
1.) Commitment to My Clients
- I will serve the best interests of my clients at all times and provide the highest quality service possible.
- I will maintain clear and honest communications with my clients.
- I will maintain the confidentiality of health-related or personal information clients share with me, and demonstrate compassion and respect at all times.
2.) Commitment to Do No Harm
- I will not work outside my scope of practice, as designed by the state and federal laws and regulations.
- I will only provide treatments and techniques for which I am fully trained, and I will represent my education, training, qualifications, and abilities honestly. I will refer the client to another provider if the clients requires work beyond my own abilities, scope of practice or training.
- I will maintain my professional knowledge, including my knowledge of physiological effects and contraindications of the treatments I offer, in order to determine what will be most beneficial to a given individual.
- I will not apply contraindicated products or techniques without a written referral from the clients primary care physician, and I will cooperate with health-care professionals in a friendly and professional manner.
3.) Commitment to My Profession
- I will project a professional image in my behavior, personal appearance, and work environment.
- I will maintain the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in my interactions with clients, business associates, health-care professional, and the general public.
- I will not use alcohol or mind-altering drugs before or during professional sessions.
- I will actively participate in educating the public on the benefits of maintaining and improving healthy skin.
- I will advocate for my profession when my voice is needed for protection and improvement of my scope of practice.
4.) Commitment to Good Business Practices
- I will promote my services ethically and in good taste, and will not make false claims regarding the potential benefits of the services and products I provide.
- I will conduct my business honestly and in compliance with the law, in regard to financial matters, record keeping, and all other aspects of business.